For the true gourmet coffee connoisseur, there's no greater satisfaction than pulling your own shots of espresso.
The Rancilio Silvia is our best recommendation for the new home barista. This true, tried and tested standard has launched thousands of successful home-barista careers. At just over $600, you can't find a better espresso machine to hone and refine your espresso skills.
For the home barista connoisseur, the Andreja Premium by Quick Mill is our top choice. All the essential components to make a great espresso effortlessly. The best quality components rival many of the more expensive commercial designs at a much more affordable price. The Andreja Premium is everything you need, an espresso machine investment that will last a life time.
Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine- SILVIA
Price: $629 (Special while it lasts)
The Rancilio "Silvia" Espresso machine is a true standard consumer espresso machine for the home barista. This is a no-frills, rock-solid machine that will deliver years and years of service.
Since it's introduction in 1997, the Rancilio Silvia has become the best selling espresso machine above $300. You'll need to develop a little bit of skill to produce consistent great espresso results. But that's all the fun. The Silvia will bring out the true barista we all inspire to become.
Remember, the most important tool you need to consider to insure your espresso success is a good burr grinder. You need the fine control to dial in the exact grind fineness. which will vary with every bean. The biggest mistake people make is not to invest in a proper grinder. There is no better combination than the Rancilio Rocky Grinder with the Silvia Espresso machine.
With the newest revisions for 2008, choose the Rancilio Silvia. You'll be set!
Free Shipping, Authorized Dealer.
Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Andreja Premium Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine by Quick Mill
Price: $1795 (FREE Shipping)
The Andreja Premium is one of our top picks and our favorite machine in the semi-automatic prosumer category.
Solid, heavy-weight beautifully polished stainless steel exterior with a well thought out design and engineering on the inside.
Features include dual pressure gauges, steam and hot water equipped with with no-burn swivel arms, combinations not always found in this class of machine.
Commercial quality components used throughout including the legendary E-61 group head, large 1.6L boiler and powerful Ulka Pump.
But the most important feature is how well it brews espresso and steams milk. This is where the Andreja Premium truly shines. It simply gets it right.
The Andreja Premium is made in Italy and while the name Quick Mill may not sound like an Italian espresso machine manufacturer, don't let the name fool you. Quick Mill is located in Senago (Milan) Italy and is known internationally for their quality designs and products since 1945.
In fact, the company tag line is “Create per durare nel tempo” which means “Made to last for years”. Manufactured with only the highest quality components, the Andreja Premium is an espresso machine investment that will last for years.
Andreja Premium features:
- E61 Commercial Group Head - this legendary group head design by Faema in 1961 is a widely recognized industry standard. Water channels in the group head allow water from the boiler to keep the group head at the optimum espresso brewing temperature.
- Dual Pressure Gauges - with both a boiler and group head pressure gauge, you have the information in full view to brew a perfect espresso.
- 52 Watt Ulka Pump - plenty of extra power and pressure than with the typical lower wattage pumps, and sturdy brass ends for solid reliability.
- No-burn, swivel stainless steal steam and hot water arms - simply put, these are the best!
- Large capacity 1.6 liter vertical insulated boiler - provides great thermal stability and powerful steam. The insulation helps retain heat improving performance and reducing energy consumption.
- Large capacity easy empty drip tray - extra capacity reduces overflows. Slides out easily and easy to get to the sink without spilling.
- Easy pressure stat access - easy access means it's not necessary to remove the cover to adjust the pressure stat.
- Magnetic tank water level sensor - reliable magnetic sensors control low water level indicator. No more mechanical springs and switches that are prone to failure.
- High limit heating element protection with reset - reliable and dependable protection from over heating and burning out the heating element. No more fusible links that have to be replaced. Just hit the reset button and you're back in business.
- Commercial steam and hot water valves - sturdy and durable, these are not compression valves and they don't wear out. If necessary, the valves can be easily repaired by replacing the o-rings.
- Built-in heat exchanger - advanced design means you can brew espresso and steam milk at the same time.
- Thermo siphon circulation - helps maintain a consistent brewing temperature for great espresso results.
- Direct-connect water supply kit available - a water supply kit is available connect a permanent water supply directly to the machine, no need to refill the water reservoir
- Cup warmer - top surface provides a a cup warmer feature. Use the hot water valve for easy pre heating of ceramic espresso cups as well.
- 2 Portafilters - 2 complete 58mm portafilters included, one for single shots, and one for double shots. Include backflush blank as well.
- Boiler: 1.6 liter capacity, insulated vertical
- Water reservoir: 3 liter capacity
- Drip tray capacity: 46 ounce
- Water level control: Automatic
- Heating element: 1,400 watts
- Width: 11 1/2"
- Depth: 17 1/2"
- Height top of rail: 15 3/4"
- Height Rail Removed: 14 1/2"
- Voltage: 110 volt
- Amperage: 15 amp
- Net Weight: 46 lbs
Quick Mill Andreja Premium Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
WMF Bistro Espresso Spoons - Set of 4
To fully enjoy that perfect espresso, a demitasse spoon is a must have. Not just for stirring in a sweetener.
Did you know that stirring the espresso to mix and distribute the crema throughout pour is an accepted practice. Stir your espresso, it actually improves the taste.
- 4-piece set of Bistro espresso spoons
- Designed by Peter Baurle
- Sleek styling blends slender necks with flared handles and faceted tips
- Modern, functional and comfortable demitasse stirring spoons
- Diswasher-safe, full range of coordinating Bistro pieces available
- Dimensions: 4.2" by 1"
WMF Bistro Espresso Spoons, Set of 4
Pallo Espresso Machine Brush
- A must-have for every coffee aficionado.
- Angled to allow for the brush to reach into all otherwise hard-to-reach areas of coffee/espresso machines, French presses, coffee/tea filters.
- Threaded, replaceable espresso machine brush bristle cartridges.
- Steam Wand vent poker at one end for cleaning and declogging neglected tips.
Pallo Espresso Machine Brush